Workshop presented by Dr Frances Guard.
Dr Frances Guard is a medical doctor with 40 years of experience in the field. 13 years ago, her passion for conservation combined with her medical background led her to work with macro-fungi on a conservation property at Maleny. For the past 13 years Dr. Guard has been involved in Queensland Mycological Society holding the president seat for 3 years until 2017. Her interest with QMS is community education and fungi photography along with other passions like rainforest regeneration, bird watching and, plant and animal surveying.
Dr Guard is the Co-author of;
- Australian Subtropical Fungi, (2014)
- Mushrooms and Fungi of the Sunshine Coast (2016) and,
- Australian Tropical Mushrooms and other Fungi (2019).
Fungi are essential components of all ecosystems including native and urban forests. Their roles vary from helping, breakdown and recycling of nutrients or promote soil health, to damaging, hurting their host or host environment. Regarding urban trees, pathogenic fungi represent a challenge for urban forest and ways of managing these need to be examined.
To see full workshop program please see below:164 KBWorkshop Program_The Kingdom of Fungi – Sept 2019
OUTCOMES FOR ATTENDEES:
- Understanding of the kingdom of fungi
- Understanding Fungi Roles
- Identifying Fungal Groups
- Understanding Parasitic Fungi
QAA Qualified Member: $135.00
QAA General Member: $150.00
NON QAA Member: $160.00
Cancellation Policy on Workshops & Events
All bookings are confirmed upon full payment to the Queensland Arboricultural Association Inc. If you wish to cancel your booking, request must be made in writing.
Credits and Refunds:
- 1 day prior or on the day – no credit or refund
- Within 7 days of event – 25% credit or refund
- Within 7-14 days of the Event – 50% credit or refund
- Over 14 days before the Event – full credit or refund