Special Meeting - Implement Course of Action for Board of Trustees to be formally recogonised within the Constitution
11oct5:00 pm5:30 pmSpecial Meeting - Implement Course of Action for Board of Trustees to be formally recogonised within the Constitution
MEETING CALLED BY SIMON MALONEY Date: Tuesday 11th October2016 Time: 5.00pm
MEETING CALLED BY SIMON MALONEY
Date: Tuesday 11th October2016
Time: 5.00pm – 5.30pm
Venue: Conference Room, DAFF Research Facility, 26-40 Delancey Street, Cleveland, QLD, 4163.
PURPOSE OF THE MEETING:
Lifetime Member, Simon Maloney has called a special meeting at the QAA’s 2016 AGM (06/09/2016), as per the requirements set out in the QAA’s Constitution, to implement a course of action for Board of Trustees formally recognised within the constitution.
The Board of Trustees roles will be defined by a Sub Committee formed by the Executive Committee with emphasis on these key roles –
- To ensure the continued good and responsible governance of the Queensland Arboricultural Association Inc.
- To uphold the constitution and to ensure that it remains current.
- To uphold the Code of Conduct as per the constitution.
- To provide/preserve any and all historical information and ‘corporate knowledge’ relating to the Queensland Arboricultural Association (QAA)
- To have representation at all AGMs, and Special Meetings, to ensure the constitution is upheld at all times and to provide any advice as may be required
- To act as an advisory group to the Executive Committee and QAA staff
- In the event of not having enough committee members to vote, the executive committee can request voting support from the Board of Trustees to pass the motion so that the committee can move forward.
- To hold a meeting either by conference call or a sit down meeting, at least two times per calendar year.
Board of Trustee Requirements:
A focus group/sub-committee will be appointed to finalise all details regarding appointment, operation and requirements of the Board of Trustees.
If you are unable to attend this Special Meeting but would still like to vote, please fill out a Proxy form to have another member vote on your behalf.
Proxy Form can be found here: 244 KBproxy-form_special-meeting_11102016
Any objections to this Special Meeting can be lodged through the QAA Office outlining the reasons. This must be lodged within the next 14 days. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Lonsdale, QAA President
on behalf of the Executive Committee
(Tuesday) 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Queensland Arboricultural Association Head Office
26-40 Delancey Street