NOW HIRING: QUALIFIED ARBORISTS AND TREE CLIMBERS
Our business engages in a range of tree care needs such as tree removals and pruning, stump grinding, mulching and storm damage.
In our field of business everyday is different, with a new challenge, new client, and best of all, new location (some are pretty spectacular!).
We offer flexible working hours to give our staff maximum work/life balance plus offer training, upskilling and career advancement opportunities to the right candidates.
Cut Above Arborists and Tree Climbers will:
Be competent in quality tree pruning, felling and climbing, with demonstrable rigging skills.
Use a wide variety of tools and machines; including EWP lifts, stump grinders, skid steers, chippers, excavators and saws.
Handle, apply and store chemicals safely.
Be fit, healthy and able to pass a pre employment medical, including drug and alcohol screening.
Hold an Open C Class Licence, QLD Construction Industry White Card and current First Aid Certificate at a minimum. A Certificate III In Arboriculture is desirable.
Be required to work in the Toowoomba area and surrounds.
To apply, send a cover letter, addressing the criteria above, and including two referees to email@example.com OR message the Facebook page.
Cut Above take safety seriously. Applicants are advised that mandatory drug and alcohol testing is conducted regularly for all staff.
MR TRUCK DRIVER
Must hold a minimum MR class license
These positions are for an IMMEDIATE start!!
For more information phone Brendan on: 0412 586 131
TREE ASSESSMENT TECHNICAL OFFICER
Full Time – 40.25 hours per week
$81,819.59 to $87,666.26 p.a. + up to 12% super
RCC Officers’ Level 4 (including applicable allowances)
Redland City Council is situated on the naturally wonderful Redlands Coast, which includes the Southern Moreton Bay
Islands, mainland suburbs and rural hinterland which is located east of Brisbane.
Council values diversity both within the Redlands Community and its workforce and, additionally, offers its employees
opportunities to access a range of flexible work options.
The Tree Assessment Technical Officer delivers quality tree assessment and tree management services throughout Council’s
parks, conservation, roadside and streetscape areas across the Redlands Coast. This role will provide specialised technical
knowledge, report writing and maintenance scheduling in all aspects of horticultural/ arboricultural services in accordance with
Federal, State and Local legislative requirements within Council’s Service Level Agreements.
You will have effective people management skills, particularly in the areas of staff leadership, team building and improving
workplace productivity. You will have extensive experience and skills in undertaking expert tree assessments in a highly
competent and professional manner.
Ideally, you will hold a tertiary qualification in Arboriculture or equivalent experience in the fields of arboriculture and
horticulture together with sound understanding of the Australian Standard for Amenity Tree Pruning and contemporary tree
management and risk management issues.
- Mandatory Criteria
- Current Class C Drivers’ Licence
- All final applicants for this position will be asked to consent to a police check. Please note that people with criminal
records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
- To be eligible for employment, applicants must have the legal right to work in Australia.
In return we offer:
In addition to salary, Council may offer a range of other benefits including:
- Access to professional and leadership development programs;
- Mentoring and coaching opportunities to increase your industry knowledge and professional and business acumen;
- Secondment opportunities for career development;
- Ability to contribute to the community and make the Redlands Coast a better place to live and do business;
- Reward and recognition programs;
- Access to flexible working arrangement provisions and generous leave provisions such as paid parental leave and
purchased leave scheme; and
- Wellness programs, social club and employee assistance program.
Applications will only be accepted through Council’s Web Recruitment system or through OURspace for current Council
Hard copy and e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Applicants must submit a cover letter (one page), current resume and separate statement addressing selection criteria.
Please read the Position Description and selection criteria-based application instructions before applying for this role.
Specific information on the position (200804) can be obtained by contacting Andrew McCullough on (07) 3829 8641.
Applications for this position close at 11:59 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Sunday 27 October 2019.
Applications will not be accepted by a third party.
Arboriculture Technical Officer
Permanent Full Time
Development & Community
LGO Level 3 - $65,745 pa
An opportunity exists for the right person to join our arboriculture team in Hervey Bay.
Do you hold a Diploma/AQF 5 in Arboriculture and have experience in the field? We are looking for someone with the ability to plan and coordinate the arboriculture work schedule, develop and implement work procedures, someone with a great work ethic and a positive attitude?
The focus of the Technical Officer is to undertake specialist technical activities in arboriculture management and be part of a team responsible for the efficient and aesthetically pleasing maintenance of the regions parks and reserves whilst embracing sound ecological principles.
A Queensland Class “C” drivers’ licence is essential.
Council provides a safe, secure and supportive environment where employees are encouraged and supported to reach their full potential.
TRAITS is an acronym for the values we consider to be integral to the way we go about our work and serve our community. These values are Trust, Respect, Accountability, Initiative, Teamwork and Service.
Council recognises that it is important for employees to be satisfied in their roles, to balance work and life demands and to deliver quality services to the community.
Some of the benefits offered in return for your valued contribution are:
- Up to 12% employer super contribution
- Flexible working arrangements
- Study assistance
- Reward and recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Living the Values – Let’s Connect program
Please refer to the attached Position Description for a full outline of the position.
For further information about the role please contact Marshall Nuttall, Parks Coordinator on 0448 213 499 during business hours.
Applications close: 11pm Sunday 20th October 20119
HOW TO APPLY: visit https://www.frasercoast.qld.gov.au/working-for-council. Before starting your application, please ensure your cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and resume are complete in doc, .docx or .pdf format. PDF format is preferred.
Fraser Coast Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Please note that:
Council undertakes a range of checks and assessment methods to assist in selection, including criminal history checks, Licence checks, psychometric testing, functional capacity testing and competency based testing.
Gove Area Services
Work Type: FIFO
Katherine & Northern Australia
Work Type: Contract/Temp
About the role
Reporting to the Supervisor, we are currently seeking a suitably qualified Arborist with a passion for mentoring local employees. Working safely and efficiently planning and executing Tree Risk Management programs and other Mine Services activities. The team is well resourced with an 18-inch Vermeer chipper and side tipping mulch truck, Monitor 22.10 EVO Spider EWP, bobcats, backhoes, stump grinder and standalone workshop
Duties and responsibilities
- Safely plan, execute and monitor tree management activities (tree pruning, removal, replacement and stump grinding) in the Alyangula township and airport areas.
- Monitor and assess trees using tree management software.
- Build a dynamic and motivated team by being a positive role model inside and outside of work.
- Motivate and lead the team to reach a high quality of work standards.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to make a positive contribution to the local Indigenous community and actively learn aspects of the local Groote Eylandt Indigenous culture.
- Assist the Mine Services Supervisor and Team plan and execute a range of other community and natural resource management activities.
- Work with Electrical department to eliminate risk of trees impacting service lines and infrastructure including pruning and spraying.
Skills and experience
- A team player with a strong interest in working with Local Indigenous Employees.
- A strong safety focus in line with our team values.
- Minimum Certificate III in Arboriculture (AHC30810) or Diploma of Arboriculture Qualification preferred along with previous experience in a similar arborist role.
- Competent using and maintaining equipment such as chainsaws, chippers, EWP, stump grinders, brush cutters, small machinery and Quikspray units
- C Class Drivers License, with preference for MR endorsement.
- Relevant limits of approach qualifications and experience
- Excellent fitness with ability to work in hot, humid conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound problem diagnosing and solving skills.
WorkPac is Australia's leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country's leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our myrewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
- Are you passionate about Arboriculture and looking to further develop your skills in the Tree industry?
- Do you enjoy working cooperatively as part of a productive team?
- Flexible working arrangements available with optional 9-day fortnight.
- Permanent full-time opportunity – 38 hours per week.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a passionate Tree Worker to contribute to the efficient and effective planting, maintenance and other associated works of trees and shrubs on CN land.
Working as part of a positive and productive team, you’ll use correct tree planting, pruning and removal techniques to satisfactorily complete allocated works within nominated timeframes to achieve the required standard and quality of work.
Our generous EA offers employees a range of additional benefits including:
- Flexible working options including a 9-day fortnight.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Additional holidays each year including Show Day, Bank Holiday and a half day on the last workday before Christmas.
- Long service leave after 5 years.
- Paid parental leave.
- Corporate fitness - $4.30 for singles, $6.70 for partner and $8.70 for families per week.
To be successful in this job you will have previous experience in the Tree industry and a Certificate II in Arboriculture, or current enrolment. Your previous experience will have involved all aspects of tree works, including operating and maintaining plant and equipment such as chainsaws, pole saws and woodchippers and applying tree works in line with Australian standards. You will be a motivated employee, who is able to follow the instructions of a supervisor and carry out works with minimal supervision, to a high standard.
You will also have the following:
- MR Driver’s Licence
- White Card
- Traffic Controller and Implement Traffic Control Plans Tickets (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- Elevated Work Platform – NSW WorkCover Certificate for boom over 11m (or willingness and ability to obtain)
- Safe Work Near Powerlines (or willingness and ability to obtain)
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
CN proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 6 October 2019.
Remuneration range: $59,123 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 38-hour week.
Contact: Tahn Woolmer, Acting City Greening Services Manager, 02 4974 6172.
Qualified Arborist / Tree Climber Required
Frontier Tree Services is an innovative, expanding company offering professional arboriculture services to the suburbs of the Gold Coast. We’re looking for an enthusiastic experienced climber who takes pride in their work to join our hardworking team. You will be an integral part of our skilled crew, and as always one of 2 climbers. We are passionate about the tree care we provide, and aim to provide the highest quality of service, and care for all our customers. It’s important to us that the successful candidate share in these views, and can display this through their everyday work practices. A positive attitude, strong work ethic and great customer service skills will see you thrive in this role.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements;
- Manual Drivers Licence (MR Licence preferable)
- Certificate III in Arboriculture (or equal equivalent)
- Minimum two years climbing experience and must be proficient in pruning to AS;4373 and technical rigging.
- White Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Commitment to working in a safe manner & ability to undertake OH&S tasks
- Ability to work with computerised scheduling software preferable
We have a fantastic team already and are ready to add to it. If you feel you have the skills and attributes we are looking for we would love to hear from you. Call 07 5574 4477 during office house (8:30am – 4:30pm) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary range $55,000 - $60,000 pa
Only candidates who meet the above noted criteria will be considered for this role.
Want to know more about us … please visit our website www.frontiertreeservices.com
Brisbane Tree Experts are hiring!
We are offering 1 climbing role with the commencement of Cert III and other training to the right guy/girl immediately.
- Full time employment after a mandatory probation period
- Safe work environment
- New, state of the art gear provided
- Competitive industry remuneration
We are looking for someone with the right attitude, willingness to learn and who wants to grow and succeed within the company and industry.
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for apply today!
Brisbane Tree Experts
P 0410 341 246