***Members advertise for free***
Tree Services Coordinator
- Diverse and interesting role sure to keep you busy
- Excellent opportunity to make a difference
- Join a team where your contributions are rewarded
$83K + super + 9 day fortnight + lease vehicle
Logan City is Australia’s seventh largest local government by population and is one of the most dynamic young cities in Australia; enviably positioned only 20 minutes from Brisbane and 30 minutes from the Gold Coast, Logan is now home to more than 308,700 people. Logan City Council offers a work environment and lifestyle that is rare in South East Queensland. Our 1,700 staff take pride in offering outstanding service to our community through innovative and operational-focused solutions.
Your role as the Tree Services Coordinator will be to plan, lead and implement the delivery of maintenance works related to the management of Council's tree assets, including the supervision and coordination of internal council staff, contractors and other services. In addition, you will also be responsible for the provision of expert advice to internal stakeholders, Council and the community in regards to tree related issues.
We are looking for someone with a Diploma or higher qualification in Arboriculture, who has:
- substantial experience in managing and leading an arboricultural team
- demonstrated experience in developing and delivering arboriculture programs, including managing budget, internal staff and contract resources
- demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- demonstrated ability to effectively represent Council as an arboricultural expert
- sound knowledge and demonstrated experience in contract management
In addition, your people skills demonstrate your ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and resolve complex problems.
The successful applicant will thrive in a challenging role with an organisation that values professional contribution and personal wellbeing. Logan City Council actively encourages a healthy work environment through its Team Top Health Program, as well as personal and professional development, study assistance and a tangible focus on creating a great place to work.
Applicants will be required to undergo a functional assessment and be assessed as being able to meet the functional requirements of the position.
If viewing on Seek, the position description can be found under the vacancy on the Logan City Council Careers site. If you require more information about the role, please contact Brent Dowden, Park Operations & Maintenance Program Leader, on (07) 3412 5237.
Applications Close: 5 pm, Thursday 29 June 2017, with a proposed interview date of Thursday 13 July 2017.
Find out more about Council's streamlined application process here
And click here to learn more about Council's Purpose and Values
Applications via recruitment agencies will not be received.
City of Logan: Innovative, Dynamic, City of the Future
Now offering a *longer-term* position.
Based in the Whitsundays, Airlie Beach Whitpro Group (Est in 2007) is seeking a Climbing Arborist specialising in tree pruning and removal.
A good working knowledge in all aspects of tree climbing techniques is required.
A competent climber with Cert 3,4 or 5 in arboriculture
Elevated work platform and truck licence is preferable.
Must have own reliable gear
Rate is determined by experience level and qualifications.
Wages or ABN
Email: email@example.com or call 0408 376021
A rewarding job with environmental sensitive Arboricultural Company on the Sunshine Coast.
Up to 40 hrs per week.
Chainsaw ticket & White Card essential.
Relevant experience required.
LR/MR licence preferred.
Phone: 0412 586 131
Groundie or Climber wanted
Are you a groundie or a climber looking to polish your pruning skills with a long established company with a focus on quality rather than quantity?
Are you looking for long term employment within the beautiful Noosa Shire?
Are you fed up with doing large tree removals, and looking for a different and modern approach to arboriculture where you are encouraged to think outside the box and try new things?
Sunshine Tree Surgery is looking for a new team member.
Some of our services include:
- Nest box installation and monitoring.
- Retrenchment of veteran trees and habitat creation within these beautiful old trees.
- Deadwood management to include habitat creation.
- Lift pruning and canopy management of street trees within the Noosa Shire.
The successful applicant should have as a minimum:
- Drivers licence
- First Aid and CPR certificate
- Cert 3 Arb, or be enrolled at TAFE
- Relevant chainsaw licence/tickets
- White card
- Tidy appearance
- A happy and friendly disposition
- Honest and reliable with a good work ethic and be able to provide references.
What we would prefer:
- Non smoker
- 2 years experience
- Local resident
If this sounds like you, please contact Dan on 0407 020 399 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced, Qualified Tree Climber - Gold Coast
Experienced and Qualified Tree Climber Required for busy Southern Gold Coast based tree lopping company.
Minimum Cert 3 Arborist and 2 years climbing experience
EWP Ticket preferred not essential
Must have own gear, insurance and ABN. Hourly rate neg.
Please send resume to Browniec@live.com
Certificate 3 Arborist - Gold Coast
- Must have own climbing gear.
- Must be capable of all climbing and rigging techniques.
- A MR or HR drivers licence would be favourable
- Must be reliable.
**Immediate start **
Contact email@example.com for more details