ARBORICULTURE AND HORTICULTURE SUPERVISOR – NORTHERN TERRITORY
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company producing high-grade manganese ore. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
About the role
The Arboriculture/Horticulture Supervisor Supervises the Arboriculture/Horticulture team and coordinates, schedules and executes operations that include Arboriculture, Weed Management and Horticultural grounds maintenance works throughout Alyangula and around GEMCO’s mining infrastructure areas. The team plays a key role in Indigenous employment and participation enabling a diverse range of employees to reach their full potential.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the Arboriculture/Horticulture team and deliver excellent safety outcomes
- Supervise the Arboriculture/Horticulture team to meet best value and best practice service delivery
- Monitor team budget and expenditure
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver on South32 / GEMCO strategies and business objectives
- Promote and enhance the delivery of key maintenance operation services within scope
- Provide supervision, guidance and support for operations within the Arboriculture/Horticulture team
- Coordinate Arboriculture/Horticulture Maintenance Operations team resources to enable control of tree related risk whilst optimising urban forest potential
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Diploma Arboriculture (minimum) or higher level AQF Arboriculture (desirable)
- Diploma management/leadership (desirable)
- High level internal and external communication capacity
- Microsoft office suite competence
- operational workflow management skillset
- Competitive salaries
- Residential on Groote Eylandt or FIFO from Cairns/Darwin roster options (roster arrangements to be finalised during recruitment process)
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note this job advert will close 13/10/2021. Apply via our Seek ad.
QUALIFIED ARBORIST – Relocation Assistance
Heritage Tree Care has an opportunity within our team based in Brisbane, Queensland. As part of the team, you will be working on council projects and various sites around Brisbane. This is not a rural position or low profile, you will be working on some of the largest projects available. This is a great opportunity to explore a new area and show off the skills that Arborists are known for! Outside Queensland? We are ready to cover your relocation costs!
About your new role:
This is an opportunity to be involved in the full scope of Arboriculture. Some maintenance may include tree felling, pruning and shaping. You will also work to identify and treat diseased trees and control specific pests and pathogens. Additional tasks may include:
- Enhancing and maintaining parklands and streetscapes.
- Identification of tree disease, application of appropriate treatments.
- Operation and maintenance of machinery.
- Providing a high level of customer service.
What you will need to exceed:
In addition to looking for reliable candidates who enjoy providing high-quality tree maintenance services. A strong sense of teamwork, a commitment to safety and ability to ensure that all machinery and operations are conducted according to specific guidelines. We require:
- Certificate III Arboriculture (or your country/states variant)
- Open Driver’s License
- Chipper Experience
- Work safely in the Construction Industry
- Ability to work within a team environment
What you will get in return:
Heritage Tree Care is one of the largest Arboriculture experts in SE Queensland. There are many benefits including:
- Competitive rates -$34 - $38/hr + EBA Allowances + Shift Penalty Rates + Superannuation.
- Uniforms and all tools provided
- Opportunity to develop new skills and arboriculture knowledge
- Sponsorship + assistance
- Paid flights and Quarantine costs
- Ongoing Support.
If you are ready to apply for this role as an Arborist, please follow the links on this page.
Have a question before applying? Please contact us via our website; Heritagetreecare.com.au
At Heritage Tree Care, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
Climber / Tree Worker
A rewarding job with an Environmentally sensitive Arboricultural Company on the Sunshine Coast.
2 - 3 days per week available.
Chainsaw ticket & White Card essential
Relevant experience required.
LR / MR licence preferred
For more information please call: 0412 586 131
Evergreen Tree Care Brisbane is expanding and would like to offer the right person the chance to come and work with a great team doing awesome work.
North Brisbane Trees are hiring
Email the office ONLY - email@example.com
Cert III qualified Arborists and EWP operators
Cert III qualified Arborists and EWP operators (Preferable) required for Casual Position (fulltime hours) leading to Full-time at our Coolum Beach Depot, Sunshine Coast. Long-term stable position available for suitable candidates.
Remuneration is to be discussed during the interview process and is dependent on skills and experience.
Family Company with long-term goals looking for staff that show dedication and drive within the industry.
Opportunity to grow with our company and live in paradise.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes, we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
Call 07 3208 0770 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cert III Arborists, Ground Crew, Experienced Tree Climbers, Truck Drivers, EWP operators and Leading Hands.
Vinton Tree Services is a family-owned and operated business. We are one of the largest Arboricultural companies in SE QLD and currently have opportunities available for Cert III Arborists, Ground Crew, Experienced Tree Climbers, Truck Drivers, EWP operators and Leading Hands at our Kingston depot.
Positions will be casual to start with full-time opportunities available for the right candidates.
Average hours 40 per week at casual rates, with the possibility of full-time if you are the right candidate.
When applying please ensure you have all tickets and experience listed on your resume.
Must have own reliable transport to get to the depots.
Please only apply if you are prepared to work.
We are a drug and alcohol-free company and you will be required to sign off on random drug testing.
We are after reliable staff to cover all aspects of Tree work from feeding the chipper, stump grinding, Tree Pruning and Removals, Truck Drivers, EWP work & Tree Climbing.
We have a large Fleet of Machinery to assist in all arb works and require Skilled Operators.
Training can and will be provided. Suitable candidates will have the opportunity to sign up for a Cert 3 in Arboriculture.
Rates will be based on experience and ability.
Must have a minimum of a Construction White/Blue Card.
Preferable to have Chainsaw, Chipper Tickets, MR, HR or HC truck licence, and a min Cert III Arboriculture (Or be prepared to get).
If you feel you have the skills and attributes, we are looking for we would love to hear from you. Call 07 3208 0770 or email us at email@example.com.
GFM Trees is currently seeking Crew Leaders to fill positions in Cairns.
LEADING HAND CERT 3 ARBORIST POSITION AVAILABLE
Advanced Vegetation Management is seeking a Qualified Leading Hand Cert 3 Arborist to be a part of our team.
AVM services Cairns and surrounds with the possibility of remote work. We provide services such as Arborist Consultancy, Block and land clearing, Coconut de-nutting, Palm/Tree trimming, Stump grinding, Emergency work, Chipping and mulching.
We are seeking people with:
- The right attitude
- Being proactive
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Be a part of a team
- White Card/Blue Card
- Minimum MR/HR truck licence (essential) and current driver’s licence (essential)
- EWP Ticket (Elevated Work Platform)
- The ability to problem-solve
- Strong focus on safety, PPE and care for company gear
- Adhere to company policy
- Strong work ethic
- Relevant industry Qualifications and experience necessary
- Immediate Start
- Someone who is reliable, physically fit and punctual
- Fulltime employment after a mandatory probation period
- Competitive industry remuneration of up to $100,000 per annum
- Overseas applicants, sponsorship available.
You will be required to provide a hat, water bottle, lunch and a great working attitude.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org